Water Heater Installation in Florissant
On March, 27, 2016
If you are in the process of choosing a new hot water heater in Florissant, we strongly recommend that you do some research before making your final decision. You not only want a system that will give you an ample supply of hot water, you also want one that will not waste energy and lead to energy bills that are higher than they should be.
At Rivers Plumbing Company, one of our trained experts will be happy to help walk you through this important decision. We can come to your home, look at your existing model, and help you select the right system for your hot water needs.
Water Heater Types in Florissant
You will soon find out there are several different kinds of water heaters from which to choose. These include:
- Tankless: These heat water without the need for a traditional storage tank.
- Heat pump: Instead of generating heat directly, this type of heater moves heat from one place to another.
- Solar: These heat water by suing the energy of the sun.
- Traditional: This is the type of water heater with which you’re most familiar; the one that uses a storage tank as a reservoir of hot water.
Deciding the Best Type of Water Heater in Florissant
You’ll need to take into consideration several different factors when choosing the type and model of water heater that’s right for you. Here are just a few of them.
- Size: You want to make sure you’re choosing the right size for your water heating needs. If you choose a model that’s too small, you’ll run out of hot water much too often. If you choose one that’s too large, you’ll be wasting money on energy bills because you’ll have far more hot water than you need.
- Costs: We can help you estimate the annual operating costs of a water heater that you’re considering, and compare those costs with other types and models.
- Energy efficiency: Today’s hot water heaters are much more energy efficient than older models. Manufacturers are required to display the efficiency ratings of their units so that you can compare them with others. We can help you decipher energy ratings so you select a model that offers cost savings and maximum efficiency.